May 4, 2020
To better serve our community while keeping the public, our staff and the animals safe, KHS will begin offering services in several phases over the next few weeks. This plan is subject to change based on guidance we receive from public health officials and local government. We are currently working to make animals from foster care and the Wichita Animal Services shelter available for adoption. KHS is continuing our efforts to provide relief to our community in the form of free pet food and supplies for those financially impacted by Covid-19. We appreciate all of your patience and support as we work towards the future.
Beginning May 18:
- KHS will be open to the public on a limited basis. For the health and safety of everyone, and to comply with limitations on gatherings, KHS will be limiting the number of guests in our building at a time. Please limit the size of your group.
- Adoptions will be available without an appointment on a first come, first served basis. Please know which animals you want to visit with before arriving. If we are at capacity when you arrive, you will be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle. Staff will call or text you once you can enter the building to adopt. We will be doing dog to dog introductions for adoptions starting May 18.
- KHS will shcedule a limited number of intake appointments for owners that need to surrender their animals by calling 316-524-9196.
- Due to limited medical supplies and additional issues, we cannot schedule spay/neuter or TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return) appointments for the public until further notice.
- Volunteers will be welcomed back in limited numbers to comply with the limit on gatherings.