*** SOLD OUT***
KHS is offering FREE spay/neuter surgeries for both dogs and cats on Wednesday, December 1! Only 50 spots are available (10 dog, 40 cat), and you must register online. A REFUNDABLE $25 deposit is required to book your appointment. Deposits will be refunded after you check in for your appointment on December 1.
This event is available for both male and female dogs and cats. There is no limit on how many pets can be registered per household (registration is required for each pet). Pets must be at least 2 months old and weigh at least 2 pounds. Check in will be through the KHS Admissions entrance. Pickup is the same day - staff will call when your pet is ready to go home.
Do not feed the pet after 10pm the night before surgery, or the morning of surgery (unless your pet is under 6 months old).
Dogs must have a leash and collar. All cats must be in a carrier; one cat per carrier. No feral cats please; cats must be friendly and handleable. If your pet is already vaccinated, please bring proof from your vet on the day of the appointment. If your pet is already microchipped, please notify clinic staff on the day of your appointment. No deposits will be refunded for no-shows.
Spay/neuter surgery includes:
- Free Microchip from 24 PetWatch
- Free Rabies Vaccine
- Free FVRCP Vaccine (Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia) - cats only
- Free Bordetella Vaccine (Parainfluenza, Bordetella bronchiseptica) - dogs only
- Free DA2PPv Vaccine (Canine distemper, Adenovirus type 2, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus live virus) - dogs only
- Post-op pain medication
Register here (only 50 appointments available - first come first served): https://kshumane.org/spayday
Get in the holiday spirit with a Holiday Photo Session for your pets and family! Join the Kansas Humane Society on December 4th and 5th at Naftzger Park. The basic package includes a 10 minute photo session in front of a custom-built Santa's Workshop for $25. You will receive 1 digital photo via email.
We also offer an add-on set of Holiday Cards with a festive border for $30. The add-on includes a set of 20 glossy 5x7 cards. The cards have print on the front side only. They will be available for pick up at KHS a week after the photo session. We will contact you to pick up when the cards are ready.
We welcome pets of all kinds. Keep in mind this is an outdoor event so in order to keep everyone safe, we ask that you have a leash on your pets (including cats, rabbits, etc). Background of photo will differ from example.
Purchase your raffle tickets today for your chance to kick off the howl-iday season by taking home one of three custom-built dog houses, made by the incredibly talented staff at Commerce Construction Services, Inc.! Raffle tickets can be purchased online or at KHS, and you can view all of the dog houses in person at KHS.
The ticket fees will go directly towards providing care, compassion, and a second chance to homeless and abandoned pets in this community. Tickets are 1 for $5, 5 for $20, and 15 for $50.
Tickets can be purchased until midnight on Thursday, December 2nd and we will announce the lucky winners on Friday, December 3rd. You must be a legal resident of Kansas and age 18 or over to be eligible to win.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Sedgwick County Park on Saturday, October 2 to make the 25th anniversary of Woofstock a success! Click here to view a photo album from the day. More photos will be added soon and on social media. We'll see you next year for Woofstock 2022!
KHS has several exciting employment opportunities for fellow animal lovers! If you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless pets, we want you to join our team. Apply here!
We have immediate openings for the following positions:
Besides the fun of working with pets and making a contribution towards animal welfare on a daily basis, here are other great benefits Kansas Humane Society offers to its employees:
- 15-19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year that is earned from your first hour worked, and can be taken after 90 days on the job (Full-Time Employees)
- 10 Paid Holidays per year (Full-Time & Part-Time Employees)
- Comprehensive, low deductible, Blue Cross and Blue Shield health and dental plans for you and/or you and your family (Full-Time Employees)
- 4 day work week depending on the job description (Full-Time Employees)
- Discounted YMCA membership for you and your family (Full-Time & Part-Time Employees)
- Discounts on retail store items, adoptions, basic animal medicines, and pet food (Full-Time & Part-Time Employees)
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and childcare expenses (Full-Time Employees)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with generous company match (Full-Time and Part-Time Employees)
- Various Aflac voluntary policies (including but not limited to Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Cancer, Whole and Term Life Policies) (Full-Time & Part-Time Employees)