KHS Company Donations
Combined Federal Campaign
Are you military or a federal employee who wants to help save lives? The Kansas Humane Society is an active participant in the Combined Federal Campaign.
If you are a federal employee, you can designate the Kansas Humane Society as the charity of your choice during this year’s campaign. Simply write in #99052 on your pledge form.
Encourage Philanthropy In Your Workplace
KHS Employee Matching
You can help support the Kansas Humane Society by participating in your company's Matching Gift Program.
A matching gift from your company is an easy way to double your charitable contribution to KHS. Many local and national companies and corporate foundations will match their employee's gifts to nonprofit organizations.
Check to see whether your company will match your charitable donation to us! Or, encourage your company to add this fun benefit and join other companies supporting non-profits in your community.
If your company offers a matching gift program:
1. Contact your personnel officer.
2. Request your company's matching gift form.
3. Complete the matching gift form and send it in along with your donation to KHS. We'll do the rest!
4. You can also make your donation online and send your completed form along with a copy of your online donation receipt to KHS.
KHS Corporate Partners
The Kansas Humane Society (KHS) is pleased to offer our corporate partners excellent opportunities for visibility and participation! We are proud to offer sponsorship packages, workplace giving presentations, corporate volunteer opportunities and more. The thousands of homeless pets KHS cares for each year are counting on your help!
Spreading the word about the Kansas Humane Society's good work can be as easy as a mention in your corporate publications. Your business can support us by keeping employees informed of events and activities at the shelter through employee newsletters, your corporate website or email communications. Or promote the Kansas Humane Society in company e-mails, newsletters and bulletins.
When your company partners with Kansas Humane Society, it is a win-win situation! That's because being a good corporate citizen is also a good business decision.
Because we don't receive local, state or federal tax dollars or support from the Humane Society of the United States, and are not a United Way Agency we rely on these donations to make our work possible.
Opportunities for Corporate Partnership
Companies can contribute to the KHS general operations fund or support a specific program such as:
- Humane Education for Children
- KHS Volunteerism
- Donor-Subsidized Spay/Neuter
- Preventative Healthcare
Our greatest need is pet adoption underwriting, which offers companies a unique opportunity to create relationships with KHS customers. Companies that underwrite adoptions receive great visibility some of which include:
- Website promotion to 74,000 KHS visitors per month
- Opportunity to distribute branded giveaways to 5,800 KHS visitors per month
- Coupons/Advertisement in KHS adopter packets
- Messaging on outdoor LED sign seen by 60,000 people daily
- Promotion to 1,300 KHS volunteers and 65 KHS staff members
- Promotion to more than 50,000 Facebok, Twitter and other social media followers
Woofstock: A Celebration of Peace, Love and Pets offers incredible exposure to 7,000 pet-loving consumers all in one day! As a Woofstock sponsor, your company not only gets great day of event exposure but thousands of media impressions through a variety of promotional activities including:
- Television and Radio Ads
- 10,000 Event Guides (Event Day)
- KHS Woofstock Website and Eventbrite (average 30,000 hits per month)
- KHS Companions Newsletter/E-Newsletter (circulation of 15,000)
- Listing on 2,000 Official Event T-Shirts
- Vendor Booth (direct access to event attendees)
- And more!
Interested in hosting a fundraising event?
Companies can give back to the KHS in a number of ways:
- Restaurant give back night
- Percentage of sales to benefit KHS
Interested in corporate volunteerism?
Group volunteer opportunities at KHS:
- Creating enrichment toys/treats, making kennel blankets
- Shelter cleaning, laundry, dishes, lobby and dog lofts
- Special projects
- Creating cards for adopters, bookmarks for Read to Rover
- WOOFSTOCK - Group Volunteers always welcome
Individual Volunteering for employees is available:
- Animal Interactions - dog walking, spay/neuter clinic, cat/kitten socialization
- Customer Service - assist adoptions staff, retail store
- Foster Parent - help animals that may be unprepared for adoption
- Special Events & Showcasing - take KHS pets off-site
- Youth Education - assist the Youth Educator with programs for preschoolers to teenagers
Interested in sponsorship/naming opportunities?
- Dog/Cat Suite Sponsorships
- KHS Front Windows
- Friends of KHS Garden
- Dog/Cat Lofts
- Play Yards
- Spay/Neuter Program & Spay/Neuter Weekends
- Adoption Underwriting
- Adoption Kiosk/Touch Screen Ads
- Youth Education
- Woofstock Sponsorship
- Whisker Wednesday
- Direct Mail - Match
Interested in having KHS Dogs on site?
Partner with KHS to bring dogs to your next work event, lunch or workday!
- KHS needs 2-3 weeks’ notice for all requests
- A minimum donation of $250. Receipt of funds by the end of the event is requested.
- The maximum number of dogs per event is 4, as this helps to decrease the environmental stress on the pets.
- Temperature is a factor for outdoor events.
- ***Disclaimer: While we make every effort to fulfill our commitments for requested dogs, circumstances beyond our control may occur and require us to cancel these commitments.