KHS Dog Adoption
Adoptions are available on a first come, first served basis - no appointment needed. Holds are $50 and reserve a pet for you until closing time the following business day. Holds may be placed by calling 316-524-9196. The fee is applied towards your adoption; otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable and will be used by KHS to help additional animals in our care.
- Dogs (6 months & older): $180
- Puppies (under 6 months): $250
- Lonely Hearts Club Dogs: $150 and below
- High-Profile Pets: $200+
- Pets for the Elderly - Senior citizens (age 60 and over) who adopt a dog or cat receive $50 off of their adoption fee.
- Working Cat Program - Please visit this link for more information.
Included in Adoption
- Physical Exam Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Bordatella Vaccination (dogs 8 weeks and older)
- Heartworm test (dogs 6 months and older)
- Fecal Evaluation (dogs under 5 months)
- DA2PP Vaccination(s) (dogs 8 weeks and older)
- One Frontline Treatment
- One Heartguard Treatment
- 30-day Pet Health Insurance Coverage
- Transition bag of premium Hill's Science Diet dog food at adoption
- $10 credit to the KHS store for all full price dog and puppy adoptions (not included with special promotions or adoption events unless otherwise noted)